Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Meet BAMA II

I must have been good this year because Santa popped down from his gig at the North Pole to bring me my new friend, BAMA II a little earlier than Christmas morning.


She's a real beauty! I picked BAMA II up at one of our local cycling shops, Atlanta Cycling, just after Thanksgiving. I lucked out that they still had a 2012 XS Trek Speed Concept 7.0 in stock! Being that I'm a solid 5'1, I luck out and ride the smallest TT bike Trek makes, a 48 (XS). Slowly but surely I'm getting used to being in aero--granted I've only been on the trainer. Hoping to take BAMA II out for a spin this weekend if the weather cooperates!

Oh, what's with the name you ask? I feel like my bike and I need to be on a first name basis since I'll be spending QUITE a bit of time with her. My first road bike, a Specialized Dolce, was named BAMA. She and I made it through training and my first 5 triathlons together. When racing, I always knew that if I could make it out of the swim and get to my bike, that BAMA and I were in good shape to finish the race (read: biking is my favorite part of the 3 sports and where I make up my ground!). I also find that if I'm at a low-spot during a race or training, I can talk to my bike to push me through...or just sing the ALABAMA fight song to her which always picks my mood (and cadence) up ...go ahead, call me crazy, but it works!!


No comments:

Post a Comment