Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 Race Schedule

Been working on my race schedule for this year. It's rounding out nicely with my big A+ race in November. I never would have though in my second year of being a triathlete I'd be racking up two 70.3s and an IRONMAN!

May
Gulf Coast 70.3 (Panama City Beach, FL)
Distance: 70.3 Half Ironman
Thankfully this is a pretty similar course to IMFL and I'll get my first taste of an ocean open water swim and Half Ironman distance! Could be brutally hot though!

IronGirl (Atlanta, GA)
Distance: Sprint
This was my first race ever so I'm hoping to make it back to race again. The only downside is it's a week after my 70.3 in Florida

June
My Next Tri (Atlanta, GA)
Distance: Sprint
Easy but fun race on the same course as Irongirl. I got 3rd in my age group last year and would like to do a little better this year if I could! Mike's racing this one too...always fun to see him on the course!

July
Chattanooga Waterfront (Chattanooga, TN)
Distance: Olympic
Brutally hot race in Chattanooga with a pretty good swim! I've spectated at this race for the last 3 years when Mike has raced so it'll be nice to finally compete. My hubby is also racing this one!

September
ESi IRONMAN Augusta 70.3
Distance: 70.3 Half Ironman
Second shot at getting my Half Ironman distance down! Looking for good weather, fast swim and a strong finish. Think Mike will race this as well!

November
IRONMAN Florida (Panama City Beach, FL)
Distance: 140.6 IRONMAN
The big bad wolf of my 2013 season! I am more excited/nervous/scared/antsy about this race than one could imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment